This year racing is centred in the village of Modeligo around 14 kilometres from the town. The racing is on the same circuit as previous years just with a different start/finish line. This can be seen on the link to the route on Strava below.
Full schedule of races as follows:
- A1 & A2 combined, (O’Doherty Cup)
- A3 & Junior combined
- Womens’ Race (Round 2 of Munster league)
- Under 12 (Racing starts in Ballinamult)
- Under 14 (Racing starts at Master McGrath, assemble outside Fraher Tool hire)
- Under 16
Category Laps Distance
A1 & A2 Cyclesports GP 3 107KM
A3 & Junior 3 107KM
(Sponsored by RTS Heating & Cooling Systems)
A4 2 71KM
(Sponsored by Bob Troy & Co)
Women Race 2 71km
(Race 2 in the Munster Series)
U16 1 35.5KM
U12 8 KM
Sign on from 9am at Modeligo GAA Club
Underage racing starts at 10am
Senior Racing starts at 12 midday
- DCC intends to abide by Cycling Ireland regulation in relation to numbers in each race. A4 race will be STRICTLY limited to 130 riders, so sign on early from 9am onwards. Once we reach 130, NO FURTHER ENTRIES. Applies to DCC members also. Please share.
- Please note that entry is on the day. NO ONLINE ENTRY.
- Note to riders: One-day licences will be available.
Travelling to Cyclesports GP?
Sign-on directions (New location in Modeligo GPS Cordinates: Lat 52.145261 Lon -7.746734):
- Coming from Waterford…Take right turn for Killarney N72 outside the town and head for Cappoquin. Turn right again at major crossroads around 10 km from here, heading for Clonmel. Turn right after Modeligo school and sign on is at bottom of hill through the village.
- From Fermoy turn left for Clonmel at Cappagh. Turn right after Modeligo school and sign on is at bottom of hill through the village.
- From Clonmel turn right at top of hill after Ballymacarbery direction Youghal/Cork. Continue through Millstreet village and turn left before Modeligo school. Sign on is at bottom of hill through the village.
- There will be parking in and around sign on area on Sunday.
- IMPORTANT: There will be absolutely NO PARKING at the finish line.
- DCC members who are racing on Sunday are asked to bring food supplies for the troops. Other members: if you can bring food, it would be much appreciated. Sandwiches, brack, biscuits etc. can be dropped to Modeligo from 9am onwards.
- Further details between now and Sunday, 26th March will be on the Dungarvan CC Facebook page
DCC wishes to place on record it’s appreciation to Cyclesports for continued support, for the seventh year running. The generous sponsorship is a vital part of the success of the Open Race. Speaking recently with Paddy Morrissey:
Dungarvan Cycling Club Open Race is a fantastic event and I’m delighted that CycleSports is associated with this race again for 2017. The return of underage racing is a real boost, it always makes for exciting racing and they are the future of racing ! This is CycleSports’ seventh year as title sponsors and with the earlier date in the calendar we expect big fields for all the races.
This year RTS Heating and Cooling systems and Bob Troys cycles come on board to sponsor the A3/Junior and A4 races respectively.
DCC is grateful also to the committee of Modeligo GAA, for use of its grounds and premises as race headquarters,and to Modeligo school for their assistance also.